Now in its 9th year, the Commitment to Community Awards recognize and honor the significant accomplishments of our nominees. This event applauds their commitment and provides visibility and recognition for their leadership and vision. Thank you for choosing to nominate an individual, organization or business that advocates for individuals with disabilities!
The Commitment to Community luncheon will take place on August 12, 2022 at the Boise Centre on the Grove.
We are seeking nominations of individuals, organizations or businesses that possess three or more of the following criteria:
- Inspires others to get involved, takes responsibility, or assumes leadership roles to make positive changes for individuals with disabilities
- Welcomes diversity of ability, age and culture
- Encourages and educates others to the value of supporting and respecting individuals with disabilities
- Impacts the lives of those with disabilities through positive actions
- Is a proven leader who collaborates well with other groups
- Seeks to accommodate and include all community members
- You may nominate one individual or organization per category.
- Please, no self-nominations or members of your own family.
- Individuals or organizations nominated in more than one award category will only be considered under the most applicable category, per the discretion of the awards selection committee.
- Please make the nomination as detailed as possible.
To nominate an individual, organization or business, please fill out the nomination application and answer each question as specifically as you can about their contributions and achievements. Pictures of individuals or projects are encourage to be attached with the submission.
Please ensure that your nomination is written in a clear and concise manner, including specific examples. Testimonials from those who have been impacted by your nominees actions are always a great addition.
Deadline for nominations is July 15th, 2022.
BUILDING BRIDGES AWARD
The Building Bridges award embodies inclusiveness. These nominees help develop inclusive communities. Their eyes and ears are always open looking for opportunities to improve communities. This award recognizes an individual, organization, or business that understands the value of inclusiveness in a community and works to enhance the individual perspective and contributions of all community members.
OPENING DOORS AWARD
This award is all about accessibility. These are the individuals that challenge the status quo, don’t take no for an answer and advocate for those with disabilities. They are the ones fighting for accessible playgrounds, hotels, classrooms. They create apps, and deliver accessible supplies to third world countries.The Opening Doors award recognizes an individual, organization or business that has been instrumental in increasing opportunities for individuals with disabilities to access their community.
PLAYS WELL WITH OTHERS AWARD
Working together to realize shared goals is the heart of the Plays Well With Others award. These nominees are forward thinkers that are always looking to create alliances and collaborate with others. This award recognizes an individual, organization, or business that works to unite community organizations or individual stakeholders in order to improve the lives of those with disabilities.
LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD
Great people, great careers and the willingness to push past “good enough” to “more than enough”- that is the heart behind the Lifetime Achievement Award! The Lifetime Achievement Award recognizes an individual who, through their exceptional work and achievements, has made a significant contribution to enriching the lives of individuals with disabilities. The recipient of this award embraces the values of inclusion, collaboration and advocacy.